Tuesday 9 August 2011

Buns In The Oven

Rock buns to be precise. What else would you do when you have a new pinny to wear? Except make rock buns from The Victory Cook Book, of course.



And they were yummy yummy yum. In case you don't have THIS book which I can highly recommend, here is the recipe.

Rock Buns

Ingredients :

8oz Self Raising Flour
2 oz sugar
2 oz dried fruit
1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
1 egg
2oz unsalted butter or margarine
milk

Method :

Pre-heat oven (it says hot, mine was at 200)
Sieve flour and add spices and sugar.
Rub in the butter or marg
Add the egg, mix in
Add the fruit, mix in
Slowly add in the milk until you have a sticky consistency.
Spoon mix in little blobs (makes 10 to 12, I got 12), onto a greased baking tray
Sprinkle some sugar on top
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until just golden.

Eat them while they are hot yum yum. Don't burn your fingers or lips though.

Rock buns weren't the only thing I made today, I made this little guy for my little guy, I think he is sort of cute don't you?





Love From
The Vintage Housewife




0 comments: